Tuesday, October 17, 2006

About me

As first post, I'll describe briefly me and my interest. I'm Swiss, I spoke Italian (mother tongue), French, German and English. Maybe this blog would improve my English skills.

I'm a Debian Developer (but few packages), I started with Debian in 1996 or 1997 (IIRC) with few floppies disks, than Mandrake (easier to handle packages with floppies), then someone burned my a RedHat, unfortunately with a non free X server, and than I compiled and installed a lot of program from sources (kernel, glibc, gcc...). Finally I used Debian for all home activities as only OS.
Recently with my new laptop (iBook), I use dual boot: MacOS and Linux/Debian.

I install nearly every kernel from "vanilla sources" since 2.0.28/2.1.8x. I read kernel mailing list
since 7-8 years, but I've contributed only with few and small patches.

I focus on kernel, security and standards, but I'm also interested in networks (IP, and the organizations behind Internet: IC, IAB, IETF, ICANN, IANA, RFC-editor,...), configuration and low level libraries.

I'm a wikipedian (now I think I have nearly 1200 edits in the English edition): anti vandalism, clean-up, swiss topics (mainly about Ticino), wine and filmmaking.

I own a small vineyard, and I make also some wine.

And a lot of other "minor" interests.

No comments: